11.20.2010

Gearing up for the holidays

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I feel woefully behind. Rick's family will be in town to help us celebrate and we will partake in what is quickly becoming our own Thanksgiving traditions - long walks with the dog, a family trip to the big Half Price Books, and a trip to one of the art museums. I think we are trying the Blanton again this year because they have an Impressionist exhibit right now.

While I don't love Thanksgiving the way Rick does there are a few things that I do love - the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, having permission from Rick to start listening to Christmas music, and it is typically the weekend that I embark on one of my all-time favorite Christmas traditions: the Christmas card.

For those that know me well, they know that I absolutely love giving and getting Christmas cards. While social media has made it easier to stay in touch with friends that are far away it doesn't replace the intimacy and joy of receiving a photo card or a hand written greeting no matter how short. Imagine my surprise then when I learned that Shutterfly was offering this fabulous deal to bloggers (not to worry, you can sign up too - just visit http://bit.ly/sfly2010). I used to use Shutterfly all the time but then life got busy and I got lazy and I just started keeping all my photos on my computer and posting some of my favorites here on the blog. So now I am back on Shutterfly and I am looking forward to some Christmas card making and perhaps a few Christmas gifts!

There are a ton of cute options at Shutterfly.

I love this little girl but the card is cute too!


I like the design of this card and I could plug the blog with a note on the inside.


And this photo card is cute because it incorporates the letter.


It looks like I am going to be busy this Thanksgiving weekend trying to decide which card I want to use this year but despite the stress of it all, I am excited to get my cards together. I beg everyone to break away from facebook and order some cards. And if you aren't already, send me an email and I will be more than happy to add you to my growing Christmas card list.

No comments: