6.17.2010

Final Countdown

Well today marks the 1 month mark until we depart on our grand excursion. We are heading to NY again this summer via one lengthy road trip. Our route will take us to Harrison, Arkansas to visit Gene and Sue; Evansville, Indiana to see the Evansville Otters play; Pittsburgh, PA for the Pirates; and then on to Oswego. Of course the fun doesn't stop there because we will only be in Oswego for a day before we head to Old Forge, NY in the Adirondacks.
We won't get a chance to see the McKinney or Nguyen Clans this year as they are both on their own family voyages but wehave some special visits lined up. The first will be with Allen (one of Rick's college buddies), Barb (my buddy by marriage) and their two sons Everett and Henry. It has been a few years since we have gotten to see them despite our constant desire to get up to Chicago so we are very excited that we were able to work out a meeting.
And perhaps the biggest summer vacation coup of them all - LJ in NY. Not sure what she had to do but she convinced her parents that a week in NY with her peeps is what she wanted. I think the boys are torn between the excitement of seeing Nana and Grandpa (who in their words just built the coolest deck - sorry Rick) and LJ. We are also excited about the possibility of an Ed and Paula visit to the Adirondacks. It will no doubt be an enjoyable time.
I don't even want to start thinking about the ride home but you can rest assured it involves more baseball.

I will be around but between work and getting things ready over here my posts may be few.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Fun! I'd be insanely jealous and lonely if I didn't have my own little family jaunt planned! You know I will expect lots of pictures!