2.12.2010

Star Wars

Have you see the awesome cool Star Wars bedding Pottery Barn has?


Have you seen the not so awesome price?
Now you can check out my even awesomer bedding made for a 1/4 of the price of PBkids thanks to Ebay and a fabulous clearance day at Target.




My photos aren't the best but the underside is black (I am sure I will some day regret that decision) and the top is a vintage Return of the Jedi sheet that someone on Ebay no longer wanted. Zachy loves it and so do I. I need to decide how I want to close up the bottom (seal it so the duvet can't come out or leave access for better cleaning). It may involve me learning how to make a button-hole so for now I am going to bask in my glory, laugh at PBKids, and try to get JT's bedspread done and posted up here.


3 comments:

Suzette said...

Velcro works well. I tried making the fabric covered buttons on one and they all ended up falling off. The buttons looked good and were easy with a little kit but they don't stay on well or maybe i did't attach them well.

Amanda M. said...

Love it! You did such a great job, and you are so clever at thinking to check Ebay!
Buttonhole stitches really aren't so bad (as long as your machine has the necessary equipment/attachments). But another thought I had is snaps. You could buy them at JoAnn's (or whatever you guys have around you), and hand-sew them in.
It looks excellent, though, and the black back is sooooo cool! :)

Chandra said...

You should have asked Sue Sue while she was here (with all that free time she had!) Seriously it looks so cute! Yours looks so much better than the PB one! Honestly! I love the colors and retro vibe!