10.08.2009

October

I love October. I'd marry it if Rick wasn't standing in my way. I wait eagerly for this month to arrive; I dream about October all during the hot Texas summer. But like any good Pablo Neruda poem, with great love also comes hate. With the beginning of my favorite month, comes an onslaught of activities and before I am done pilfering all the good Halloween candy we are setting up the Christmas tree. Maybe it just seems extra busy because we are finally able to get outdoors without melting.

I promise to get some better blog news up soon but for those of you who feel incomplete, here is a quick rundown of all things Lucas.

The boys
As is my super planner, crazy mom ways, I made both boys lock in on their Halloween costumes early. Honestly Zach found his in August while looking at a catalog at Nana Jujus. JT took a little more time and several secret meetings (Rick bans Halloween talk prior to the month of October and it was still September when we were researching). Needless to say, both boys are smitten with their costumes. I had to make some minor modifications to JT's but it is pretty cool. You'll have to wait a few more weeks for the final reveal. I had to hide Zachy's because he tried wearing it everyday.

JT News
  • His 7th birthday coming up. After much discussion and a bit of emotion he has opted for a small affair and two special friends.
  • He got his first 1st grade report card and is doing a fabulous job in school - we are very proud of him.
  • Fall ball is almost over and going well - this fall season has been very low key but JT has made the transition to coach pitch and still loves the game.
Zachy News
  • Hard to believe but he is still addicted to Star Wars
  • He has officially started working on riding his bike without training wheels; he isn't completely riding yet but if we can get a day when Zachy is in the perfect mood he will take off. He has done it a few times but likes to be stubborn about it and makes himself fall once we all start cheering for his success.
  • He has developed a small obsession with CandyLand. I've heard Rick complain about Zach's techniques so I decided to try my hand at a round with Zachy (and Mama Horsey). Zach started the game by dividing out all the "good" cards (the double-color and special moves) and asking me to keep those cards on the top of pile. He quickly agreed to let me shuffle them in to the rest of the deck.
  • He continues to whistle at all hours of the day especially late at night when he should be sleeping.

Both boys are eager for LJ's visit in a few weeks. They really want to dress her as Yoda for Halloween.

I don't have anything nearly as exciting going on as the boys. I am slowly starting to get back into running with little to no pain. I've also started a few sewing projects but I am on a brief hiatus as a friend needed to borrow my machine to try her hand at making a Little Red Riding Hood costume. I have a weekend in NOLA with my kindred spirit but not until November and that seems far away right now.

If for some reason anyone wants to know about Rick or his booger picking addiction, you can just click on his blog (look to the right and click Trophy Husband).

Happy October everyone. I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.

2 comments:

thenguyens said...

I love how you love October so much. I'll never forget the PCP where we took the picture of the group w/ everyone holding pumpkins in front of their faces.
We've been robbed of fall here....snow and cold already.

Post pictures of the Halloween decorations at your house.

Chandra said...

October is great!