7.16.2009

sprinkles

I haven't been blogging and my only excuse is that it is really, really hot here.
A fellow Yankee and I were out the other night and in a moment of clarity (or after two beers) we realized that summer in Texas has turned in to our version of a northern winter. We have spent the past few weeks locked up in the house because the temperatures keep hovering at 103 degrees. There isn't much you can do when it is that hot out. We try to get the boys out first thing in the morning and we've been hanging out at the pool in the evenings.

We are getting ready for our big vacation but before that we have a big 4th birthday celebration for Zachy. In anticipation of that event, here are a few Fu Nuggets:

Nugget #1: Zachy was in the car with a lollipop and he is holding it like a cigarette at which point he says: "Look I am cigaretting!"

Nugget #2: Zachy was sitting at the counter watching JT play on a website. Zachy picked up a pen and opened the notebook that was sitting in front of him.
Rick: Zachy you can't write in that; it is my private notebook.
Fu: Dad, you write about your privates in here?

Since we aren't doing anything wild and crazy for Zachy's birthday and our preferred cake lady is on maternity leave, I decided I would bite the bullet and order a cake from a bakery. I picked out what I thought was a really cute space cake and showed a photo to Zachy at which point Zachy pouted and said: "Mom that isn't a Star Wars cake!"
My heart sank and I started to panic, wondering if I could call the bakery and change my order and then I thought to tell Zachy that his cake would be different than the one pictured because it would have sprinkles. That little added extra has made Zach more accepting of the cake; let's just hope this bakery comes through on those sprinkles.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

What?? No Star Wars cake? I leave for 2 weeks and all hell breakes lose!