6.24.2009

9 Years

9 years ago Rick and I got married. It was a fabulous day. While I am sure I should spend the day reminiscing about the ceremony or the reception, I've found myself thinking more about the day after the wedding. Despite being exhausted, despite Rick's dad being sick and hospitalized, despite only briefly seeing my parents late Saturday night after all was said and done, Rick and I woke early, too early, hopped in an electric blue rental car with Barb and Allen and drove to Seattle for a Mariners game. Seriously, most brides today get up on Sunday, have a brunch with friends and family and relax but I went to a baseball game. Baseball, baseball, baseball...

I've had a fabulous 9 years with Rick better than I think I could have dreamt of 9 years ago while sitting at Safeco field. We are blessed with our health, two fabulous little boys, one super cute niece, a supportive and loving extended family, and some truly wonderful friends.

Of course now I can't help but wonder where we will be in 9 more years but my guess is that there is a good chance we will be at a baseball game. And that is ok with me.

1 comment:

thenguyens said...

Been thinking about you and Rick a lot today. I knew you would write a heartfelt post in honor of your anniversary. We're celebrating #14. Yes, I wonder too, where in the world we'll all be 9, or 14, years down the road. Happy #9!