5.17.2009

malibu barbie


I once had a Malibu Barbie. She was probably one of the coolest I had. I also remember one day that I sat in the basement and gave Malibu a haircut. I can't recall if I got in trouble but I do remember being disappointed that I didn't have the hair cutting talent that I thought I did. I was thinking about that Barbie tonight and telling JT about my misadventure after he asked if I would cut his hair. He never wants to cut his hair (some of you may have noticed). I hesitated, I questioned, I decided to try it. At first he just wanted his bangs trimmed to ensure he could see the ball tomorrow at All-Stars practice. Then he started asking whether he and I had the same hair. Some of you may have heard the story of JT telling me he wouldn't cut his hair because then people may not know that he was my kid. We talked about all the other ways that we looked that same and I told him that even if he shaved his head people would know that he belonged to me. Well that got JT to thinking and after I trimmed his bangs, he asked for a few other modifications. The end result isn't as drastic as Malibu Barbie but I don't think I will be able to change careers any time soon. I urged JT to consider going to get it professionally trimmed tomorrow but he said he wanted to keep it the way it was. He still looks cute, I don't think that will change, but I am filled with a weird sense of guilt, sadness, and a tad bit of joy. After it was over JT put it best when he said, "Mom, my hair grows really fast so it doesn't matter what you do." I think there will be some touch-ups in the morning but this do will work for now.




























3 comments:

Chandra said...

I think he looks ADORABLE! He looks a little younger, but soooo darn cute and he's DEFINITELY your son ;-)

The Ogden's said...

OMG .. how cute!!!
Good job ... I am too chicken to attempt hair on my own ... HA!

thenguyens said...

Wow!!!! I think he looks adorable too. Great entry. Loved the conversation btwn you and JT. Miles was a bit shocked as he's trying to grow his hair out. He loves the picture of JT w/ his baseball cap on. Lots to catch up on. Have a good holiday weekend!