11.15.2008

run forest, run!

ever since rick ran the marathon he has been asking me to run a race with him. i agreed to train for a 1/2 marathon this summer hoping and believing that we would just train and not actually run a race. well that was until rick announced one night that he registered us for the San Antonio Rock 'n Roll Marathon. We are still only running the 1/2 but it is this weekend. We are packed and getting ready to head out now. I am nervous and also suspicious that this is some trick Rick has planned to collect insurance money. I'll post a full report on the race adventure when we return.
And just because I know there is a Nana who is wondering, the boys are with friends this weekend. They have a very busy weekend planned and are annoyed that it is taking us so long to get them to Sammy's house (mean, mean parents!)

2 comments:

The Ogden's said...

I am super impressed! I can't wait to read the update!

thenguyens said...

There you go again Miss Over-Achiever. You couldn't just start w/ a 5 or 10K, huh?
Can't wait to hear ALL about it!