7.08.2008

blog updates

I've spent the morning adding some new photos and trying the new blog feature that provides update status of your favorite blogs. I added this to the blogs of all of our friends but I also decided to list separately the blogs that I get sidetracked at. It is a total random selection with probably one common thread and that being these people are all doing something creative. As things calm down at work and the boys start to get just a little more independent, I am finding small periods of time to finally dive in to all the "projects" from scrapbooking to sewing that I have stored in my closet. I hope to get working on a few and maybe posting about one or two.
All that said, here is a brief description of the blogs I've posted:

Photography - I've posted three links to photographers whose work I am fascinated by (Ben Chrisman, Vlad Photo, and Sanderson Photos). I know all three are wedding photographers but I still find their work inspiring. Now I just need funding for a new DSLR camera (I am taking donations or willing to trade a child).

Crafty things - One lazy day I clicked the "next blog" link that appears on the top of the blog page. It led me to Homemade by Jill which then threw me in to a crafty blog spiral, which if you are not careful can end up with you losing hours of your life while reading about others. I don't know Jill but she is a crazy crafter and has some cool ideas, an obsession with Martha, and lots of cool links to other people's craft sites. See how easy it is to lose hours! She is on a baby kick right now but it is still fun to see what she is up to. I randomly (probably from another blog) found Lisa Leonard's jewelry which resulted in two things: 1) I sent Rick a note requesting one of her necklaces and 2) I found her blog. She blogs about her life as a mom; one of her sons has CdLS, which I had never heard of before. Lisa's blog of course links to others like Flip Flops and Applesauce, which has random musings and interviews with women who are find time to be creative along with being moms.

Finally, I tried to add this blog (wendi-aarons.blogspot.com) that a friend had passed on to me. There are some funny posts here but for some reason everytime I add her link, it lists out some other website.

So there you have it. The blog world feeds my inner voyeur. I'll update, delete, add blogs as I find them or get bored of them.

Enjoy getting lost.

No comments: