6.17.2008

What Zach Wants to Do

Hard to believe but after just about 3 short weeks Rick and JT have driven each other crazy. In my mind I envisioned this last summer before school as this idyllic time in which the boys would have all sorts of adventures. Not really possible when it is 100 or more degrees every day, JT wants someone (other than his brother) playing with him at all times, and Rick is overwhelmed with work (no complaining) and the many projects I've asked him to work on.
In search of a Kid/Parent Yoga class, Rick stopped at our local YMCA branch only to discover that they were offering summer mom's day out. I am not sure who was more excited JT or Rick. JT woke at 8 this morning and started his usual cuddle with me and then ask for cartoon routine. He was just getting ready for the cartoon asking when it dawned on him that today was school. He quickly ran to his room and got dressed (school didn't start until 9).
Zach can't attend the program because he isn't 3 (just a few more week) and he isn't potty trained (probably another 8 years before that happens). Zach had a bit of a meltdown but we promised him he would get to pick an activity to do with mom and dad when he got home (I work from home on T/Th). As soon as Rick was back, Zach announced that JT was at school and he was ready to play. We asked what he wanted and his response was "I please eat watermelon." We tried to convince him of other things, Wii, trains, coloring but he insisted that all he needed was some watermelon.


1 comment:

Chandra said...

I don't think I can come back to Texas....It's too &*&*&* hot and Izzy and I don't have anything to do! I'm going to ask Josh to bring my tent this weekend and when Susan kicks me out of the Inn I'm going to pitch my tent in the goat pen. I'll be back after the Alaskan cruise!