6.09.2008

Fort Worth Zoo

We got up Friday with the intention of going the Fort Worth Zoo in the morning before the heat hit and then heading back home in the afternoon. Our plans were delayed a few hours after the check engine light came on and we had to spend a few hours at the Mazda dealer. It was some plastic piece that does something with the air intake to the gas tank.

We made it to the zoo by 1:30 and stayed until closing. It ended up being a great time and the boys were fabulous. JT was on a search for some unknown reason for an ostrich, which ended up being the very last animal we saw. Zach just wanted to see some horses and we were able to catch some that were in their pjs.

I think we spent the longest amount of time in the snake house. I was bummed that my photo of the green mamba didn't turn out. I just finished The Poisonwood Bible before we left so the green mamba was on my mind.

Zach and the birds.
A rare shot of me! Zach and I were at my favorite, the monkeys.

The horses in their pajamas. Yes, JT is wearing his Josh Hamilton shirt for a second day. I am amazed we were able to get it off of him when we got home.
For some strange reason, the other people in the room didn't think Rick on an alligator was funny.

The white tiger. Check out the little kid in the window. His parents were maybe 15 and kept putting their child up to the window and encouraging him to bang on the class.

2 comments:

Chandra said...

Wow - your husband is so manly! Who knew he'd risk life and limb to protect his family from a bronze aligator!

Suzette said...

I'm pretty sure it is illegal to mount an alligator in Texas. This may be an acceptable activity in Oklahoma but not here.